Latest News (click on heading below for more information)



Posted 4/09/14 (Wed)

Recreational access permits can be purchased online 24/7 by clicking on this link: online license purchasing.  Prices have not changed. You can also come to the Wildlife Office or call us at 605.473.5312 to purchase a permit.

Recreational access permits are required for all non-members 16 and over recreating on tribal lands. Recreating includes river shore fishing, ice fishing, hiking, picnicking, camping, boat launching, riding horses, ATV/UTVs, snowmobiles or dirt bikes, cross-country skiing, wildlife viewing or photography, pursuit or collection of rattlesnakes or other non-protected animals. Permits are required for only the operator/owner of a boat being launched for open water use or for a vehicle providing river access for ice fishing. Access permits must be displayed on the vehicle dashboard for boat launching and ice fishing. The access permit must be in possession of each individual for all others recreating on tribal land.

Access permits cost $5 per person per day or $30 per person annually. For persons 65 and over, the annual permit is $15. Permits for family members are $5 per person after the head of household purchases the annual permit. Annual permits expire on January 31.

Enrolled members of any federally-recognized tribe and affiliates must possess the access permit at no cost.

 Access permits are not required for Corps of Engineers recreation areas (Left and Right Tailrace and Good Soldier).