1. Licenses can be obtained on-line at lowerbrulewildlife.com, by mail from the Tribal Wildlife Department or in person at the Wildlife Department Headquarters, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays, Oct. 5 -Nov. 16. The Wildlife Department is located two miles north of Lower Brule (call 605.473.5666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. All licenses must be paid for in full at the time of purchase, including big game tags.
3. A tribal general license must be purchased before ANY other license can be purchased with the exception of all lotteries and the recreational access permit.
4. Licenses CANNOT be altered, changed or modified in any way. The entire license is automatically voided, if done so.
5. Lost licenses will be replaced for the price of the General License. All other licenses, permits, and/or stamps may be replaced with the wildlife director's approval.
6. No refunds, transfers or exchanges of licenses without the wildlife director's approval.
7. A Federal Waterfowl Stamp is required to hunt waterfowl on the Reservation (except not required for Tribal Members).
8. State of South Dakota licenses are not required to hunt or fish on the Reservation. (See notice.)
9. In some instances, more than one (1) license of similar type may be purchased. They can be identified in the Daily or Possession Limit categories as "1 Per License."
10. Children, age 12 through 15, do not need to purchase an upland, waterfowl, fishing, prairie dog, furbearer, trapping license, tribal waterfowl stamp, or federal migratory bird hunting stamp; however they need to purchase the General License ($10) and the Youth License (free). All other licenses such as big game are required (LB-82-C-Sec. 21). No license can be issued to any person under 12 years of age (LB-82-C Sec. 24). All hunters under 18 years of age must possess a hunter safety card prior to obtaining any Lower Brule Tribal hunting permits. No person under 12 years of age may hunt or trap while possessing a firearm or bow and arrow. No person between the ages 12 and 15 years may hunt or trap while possessing a firearm or bow and arrow unless he or she is accompanied by a licensed or permitted parent, guardian or other adult designated by a parent or guardian. There are no age restrictions for the purpose of fishing. However, any person under the age 10 years must be accompanied by an adult, guardian, or other adult designated by a parent or guardian.
11. It shall be unlawful for any big game permittee to be accompanied in the field by a non-licensee carrying a
firearm or bow and arrow. A non-licensee is a person not having a valid Tribal Big Game License. It shall be
unlawful for any upland game or upland game bird hunter/permittee to be accompanied in the field by a nonlicensee
carrying a firearm or bow. A non-licensee is a person not having a valid tribal upland game or upland
game bird license.
The Lower Brule Sioux Tribal License is valid on Tribal Trust, Allotted, and
Indian-owned deeded land. Non-members wishing to hunt non-Indian owned
deeded land (see map) must obtain permission from the landowner and possess a
State of South Dakota License before hunting